The Early Childhood Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing front desk duties, greeting families, children, staff, and visitors, and assisting the Director with administrative tasks. The Administrative Assistant acts as a registrar, managing and maintaining children’s records including the health and immunization data base. The Administrative Assistant must have some understanding of early childhood education and child development and be proactive in ensuring a safe environment for all children. The Administrative Assistant must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults to understand parental concerns and advocate on behalf of the child. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant must be able to follow directions and complete assigned tasks on time. The Administrative Assistant will work cooperatively and collaboratively with the Director and Administrative Team and other co-workers to embody and promote our values and vision.
· Good communication skills, able to listen, follow directions and take constructive feedback.
· Managing the front desk duties, answering phones, taking messages, greeting families and visitors.
· Joyful presence at the front desk. Visible enthusiasm, proactive motivation, critical thinker, kind.
· Proficient in understanding and use of Microsoft Suite applications – Word, Excel, etc.
· Good command of the English language, both in written and oral communication.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Manage and maintain accurate children’s records, forms, and files.
· Ensure a healthy environment both indoors and outdoors – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and ensuring the safety and security of children, parents, and staff.
· Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
· Proactively seek out continuing education opportunities and collaborate with admin to improve the program.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
· Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience
· Experience working with children in a group care situation preferred, but not required.
· Dependability is a MUST. Full time position
· Able to pivot and be flexible in unexpected situations; remain calm in emergency situations.
· Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and families) and to foster a team environment.
· Active participation in monthly staff meeting and ongoing training.
· Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a child that weighs up to 50 lbs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
Health savings account
Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Education: Associate (Preferred)
Experience: Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred), Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com