LENA is a game changer in early childhood, and you could be a game changer for LENA. Research shows that back-and-forth interaction (serve and return talk) between children and their adult caregivers in the earliest years is a key to school readiness and long-term outcomes. We integrate our “talk pedometer” technology into innovative programs that reach at-risk children and families. Through these programs, we help parents, caregivers, and child-care teachers increase interactive talk to accelerate children’s language development and school readiness.
LENA is looking for a Senior Research Coordinator. This full-time role supports exciting research projects where you’ll have the opportunity to collect and analyze data to test the effectiveness of LENA’s programs. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone with a passion for data and detail coupled with interest in child development and making a difference in the learning trajectories of infants and toddlers!
We’re looking for self-starters that are both right- and left-brained: you like spreadsheets and data-driven decision making as well as connecting with people and creating positive, supportive relationships. You are organized and can manage through ambiguity, are thirsty to learn and adapt, and are also empathetic, self-aware, detail oriented, solution focused, and love wearing multiple hats. The ideal candidate is a tactful, clear communicator who gets tasks done while factoring the big picture as we expand our impact.
The Senior Research Coordinator reports to the Chief Research and Evaluation Officer and will:
· Recruit research participants and assist in management of research/data collection with our partners
· Design and track quizzes and questionnaires in tools like Class Marker, Survey Monkey, and Google Forms
· Manage and track research data collected through texting and online surveys
· Compile qualitative and quantitative data on our primary programs LENA Start® and LENA Grow™
· Create short, customer-facing summary data reports
· Track and document progress for various partners conducting formal academic research and evaluations
· Generate literature reviews to assist in journal article submissions
· Manage our research databases in MS Access and our research article database in Endnote
· Work in person most days in our Boulder-Denver-corridor office
LENA’s team is passionate, fun, and supportive. We offer an excellent benefits package, and the salary range for this role starts at $55,000. To apply, please submit cover letter with salary/compensation requirements and resume as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LENA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, identities, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. To learn more visit www.lena.org/joinourteam. EOE/M/F/D/V
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, join our team, and change the world, please submit a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit and a resume to HR@lena.org in a single PDF.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com