Arapahoe Community College
The Early Childhood Education Faculty position is a full-time, 9-month faculty position in the Education Department. ACC Faculty teach 15 credits each fall and spring semester. Faculty may have the option to teach courses during the summer semester for additional compensation. Courses may be taught using both traditional and non-traditional delivery methods, including face-to-face, online, computer-aided, distance learning, self-paced, and interdisciplinary.
• Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related subfield or Master’s degree plus 18 graduate credit hours in Early Childhood Education
o Tested experience may be used in lieu of the degree requirement on a case-by-case basis.
• Has, or qualifies for, postsecondary CTE credential including 2000 non-teaching occupational hours within the last 7 years.
• Experience teaching and/or training various subjects within the discipline.
• Demonstrated commitment working with and supporting students from historically marginalized communities (people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, people with disabilities, etc.).
• Demonstrate a growth mindset regarding professional development.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a form that is appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Advertised Salary Range
The salary range for this position is $63,076 – $72,964, commensurate with education and experience. This salary is based on 166 contract days within an academic year (August – May). The projected start date for this position is August 2023. This is a full-time, 9-month, FLSA exempt position. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System. AP 3-55 provides information regarding salary placement and adjustments.
At ACC, we value and uphold a commitment to a workplace that focuses on employees. Our mission is
to provide innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities in an accessible,
inclusive environment that promotes success for students, employees, and the communities we serve.
In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to support
our employees, including:
• Strong, flexible retirement benefits including Colorado PERA’s Defined Benefit Plan or Defined
Contribution Plan. ACC contributes 20.95% of your salary on your behalf. Supplemental
retirement plans are also available including 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans.
• Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible savings
benefits. Employee assistance services such as counseling, professional coaching, financial
planning, and more, are available to you and members of your household at no cost through the
Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP)
• Generous paid time off benefits including up to 90 hours of sick leave per academic year with up
to 16 of those hours converted to personal leave and up to 18 hours for academic and volunteer
• Tuition assistance for employees and their eligible dependents at any community college within
the Colorado Community College System or CCCOnline.
• State employees are eligible to participate in BenefitHub which offers discounts for retailers and
services and other benefits resources.
• Employees may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Additional information
about this program can be found on the Colorado Division of Human Resources website.
• New hires for full-time positions may be eligible for a relocation assistance benefit if relocating at
least 100 miles to work at ACC. Information about this can be found in AP 3-160.
Questions about this position should be directed to ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu
To learn more about this opportunity please visit jobs.silkroad.com.