Colorado’s Assuring Better Child Health and Development (ABCD) project provides training and technical assistance to communities, pediatric health care providers, child care providers and families to help build and improve systems to support the identification of children who may have developmental delays as early as possible. ABCD advocates that once children with potential delays are identified, they are successfully connected with the services and resources they need as soon as possible. ABCD applies content expertise regarding best practices and facilitating conversations between primary care practices and communities to further the success of their work.
As ABCD continues to grow, its Board of Directors (BOD) will play an increasing essential role in determining the goals and objectives and solidifying the strength of our organization.
This document is intended to highlight the skills and abilities that we are looking for in individuals who will participate on our Board.
ABCD Mission: To align and mobilize pediatric and community partners to improve early childhood developmental outcomes.
ABCD Vision: Colorado’s Children Reach Their Maximum Developmental Potential
Current Board Members have recently answered the following two questions:
- What are the three most important things for our board to accomplish this year?
- Implement a well rounded communications plan
- Increase fund development expertise through training, technical assistance
- Implement a fund development plan
- Do we have the right individuals in place on our Board to achieve these things?
- ABCD’s Board needs to focus its board recruitment on creating a cadre of effective board members who see their role as ambassadors for the organization.
Other key information:
The ABCD Board of Directors meets April, July, October, and January
Each Board Member serves a 3-year term
If you are interested please contact Elieen Auer Bennett