Colorado Association for the Education of Young Children
Executive Director Job Announcement
The Colorado Association for the Education of Young Children (COAEYC) is seeking a part-time Executive Director to continue our mission to serve and act on behalf of early childhood educators through advocacy, leadership, and professional development to (1) promote high quality developmentally appropriate, accessible early childhood care and educational services for Colorado children from birth to age eight; (2) to provide professional development opportunities to early childhood educators; (3) to advocate for improved compensation, working conditions and recognition for individuals in the early childhood profession; (4) to educate and influence policymakers, elected officials, and the public at large to achieve the mission and goals of COAEYC; and (5) to cooperate with local, state, and national organizations and agencies working with and for young children.
Since 1968, COAEYC has worked independently and collectively with local, state, and national organizations to move Colorado closer to meeting and improving early care and education for young children. Efforts have included support of appropriate early learning standards and assessments for young children, accreditation of child care and early education programs, and professional development opportunities for those who work with young children.
The position of Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for providing leadership, advocacy, administration, management, fund raising and supervision of COAEYC’s programs and staff necessary to achieve COAEYC’s mission. The day-to-day operation of this organization is the responsibility of the Executive Director. The Executive Director participates as a non-voting member of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and the Finance Committee.
- Bachelor degree or higher in child development, early childhood education, non-profit management or related fields from an accredited college/university.
- Demonstrated leadership in child development, early childhood education, advocacy, or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and intrapersonal skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and organizational skills.
- Experience in fiscal management, and program administration, preferably in non-profit organization management
- Ability to meet timeline and deadline expectations.
- Experience in conference planning and organization.
- Member of NAEYC/COAEYC or willing to join.
- Ability to form relationships and maintain collaboration with partners.
- Ability to work with diverse people and groups and sensitivity to the needs of a variety of cultural groups.
- Experience with early childhood education programs
COAEYC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. COAEYC is an equal opportunity employer.
Application deadline is Oct. 31st. Resumes will be considered until the position is filled.